Kratom is native from southeast Asia and it is related with the coffee family. Kratom has been known for centuries to improve quality of life. Kratom has some alkaloids just like coffee. Two of the main alkaloids are Mytragynine and 7- Hydroxymitragynine. These two alkaloids mainly responsible for the effects of kratom. We consume the kratom leaf, while with Akuamma we consume the seed.
Akuamma is really similar to Kratom. Akuamma powder is made from the seeds of Picralim nitida tree. Just like the Kratom, Akuamma has been known as traditional medicine in cultural ceremonies in Africa.
Some Similarities between Kratom and Akuamma:
- Unique Alkaloids – Both kratom and Akuamma contain several unique alkaloids that interact with the opioid receptors in the brain. (It is how it relieves pain.)
- Both provide wellness to their consumers.
- Both are planted based, which means that they don’t need any additional manufacturing to be effective.
- Both of them have been unregulated throughout the United States. Well, neither kratom nor Akuamma is a regulated industry. It should be noted that kratom is more known by government bodies and botanical users.
What are the Differences?
- Kratom tends to be stronger than Akuamma when it comes to the opioid receptors in our brains. While more studies need to be done, it has been proven that Akuamma is weaker when it comes to these receptors.
- There is some speculation over the analgesic use of both herbs. Akuamma analgesic properties have been studied and proven. While there is some research on both herbs, there is not enough to prove the benefits and effects of each.
- As we pointed before, Kratom come from leaves while Akuamma from seeds.
Kratom is not used to treat, cure, or mitigate any disease, illness, ailment, and/or condition. Please see FDA import alert 54-15. We make no representations as to intended use or suitability for use.
We cannot make any recommendation about what the best option would be when it comes to herbs and supplements. You will have to make your own choice based on the information you have. It is good to read some reviews from other people because it will help with this decision. Also, use precautions when buying supplements such as kratom and Akuamma because neither industry is regulated and there are a lot of companies that offer these products, but they are not cGMP, or some of these products are not even tested for contaminants.
The market will be flooded with kratom alternatives, but you must take the time to understand what the industry has to offer you. No one can safely say that the Akuamma plant is right for you. Only a physician can give that advice.
KratomCapsules.com takes pride in the fact that we have been for more than 13 years in the industry. We triple test all of our products and we follow the GMP regulations. This means that our customers are getting products that are unadulterated, uncontaminated, and provide the highest quality that the market has to offer. Check out our reviews and feel free to contact us if you have any questions.